Massachusetts@Delaware Post Game Saturday, October 10, 2009

The genius I am, I picked the right score. That's right. The Minutemen scored 27 points, just as I predicted. Unfortunately, Delaware didn't get the memo and scored 43 instead of 24. Jerks.


It's hard to say what went wrong. UMass couldn't get anything going. The first drive, they went all Mark Whipple on me and went for it on 4th and 2 from around the Delaware 30. Havens tried to hand off to Tony Nelson and the exchanged was less than optimal as it ended up on the turf. It was all Delaware after that.

Armando Cuko hit a 51 yard field goal into the wind at one point and time, so we have that going for us. I'm listening to the post game conference right now on the UMass radio network. If Kyle Havens is interviewed and has a confident quote, I'll let you know.

The thing that frustrates me most about this is UMass had a bye week last week. They had two weeks to prepare for the Blue Hens, and the Minutemen did absolutely nothing. Delaware did whatever it wanted to, whenever it wanted to, wherever it wanted to. It's one thing to lose. It's another thing to get completely blown out after a bye week. Delaware beat UMass 43-27. And believe me, the final score makes the game seem closer than it actually was.

Well, UMass is 3-2 overall and 1-1 in the CAA. It's only gonna get a lot tougher from here.

Next weekend is homecoming at UMass, and it looks like we have two great (and by great I mean evil) opponents. Friday Night, the hockey team battles the defending National Champion Boston University Terriors. Saturday, the University of New Hampshire Wildcats (5-0, 2-0 CAA, 1-0 FBS) come to McGuirk. Hopefully they'll wash the terrible taste I currently have in my mouth.

0 comments: